Looking for some simple meal prep solutions? Prep these simple Vanilla Maple Chia Yogurt Parfaits ahead of time for busy mornings.
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Nature’s Path and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t on board with the whole chia pudding trend when it first started circulating the internet. I wasn’t a fan of the texture. After trying it a few more times, it really grew on me. That goes to show that tastes/textures do evolve over time and we have to give foods a 2nd or even 10th chance.
This is a lesson I share with my clients all the time. We have to try new foods just more than once and in a variety of ways. I once hosted a cooking class that just focused on one ingredient – cauliflower. In this class, we cooked cauliflower in 5 different ways. It was interesting to see that all participants had their opinions on which version they enjoyed best. At the end of the day, everyone enjoyed cauliflower in at least one way.
For a while, I was blending my chia pudding to create a creamier consistency, but then the texture of the chia pudding grew on me and I really enjoy it as a breakfast since it keeps me full and satisfied all morning. Chia seeds are rich plant-source of omega-3 fatty acids, that can reduce inflammation.
No parfait isn’t complete without the granola layer. I topped mine with one of my favorites – Nature’s Path Pumpkin Seed + Flax Granola.
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 (5.3-ounce) container vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Nature's Path Pumpkin Seed + Flax Granola
- In a bowl, whisk together chia seeds, maple syrup, and almond milk. Let sit for at least 30 minutes to thicken.
- In 2 small jars, evenly layer chia mixture into each jar. Then evenly layer the vanilla Greek yogurt on top of the chia seed mixture.
- Top with Nature's Path Pumpkin Seed + Flax Granola when ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @rdeliciouskitchen on Instagram or send me a picture, I’d love to see!
Pin it later!