Need a little afternoon pick-me-up? These Vanilla Espresso Energy Bites are a perfect energy boosting snack.
I originally posted this recipe back in 2014 on my travels to Blog Brulee in Vermont. Boy, a lot has changed since that conference. That conference hands down was the most amazing experience and I contribute a lot of my blogging success from that conference. It gave me the confidence to turn my hobby into my business.
One of my biggest goals was to focus on my food photography. When you are sharing a recipe online, it has to look visually appealing. While some of my old recipes taste delicious, they are not very photogenic. I am working on updating old recipes this summer. This is one of my favorite energy bite recipes, but the photo definitely needed an upgrade.
If you are a coffee lover, you’ll love the addition of the espresso powder. It will give you that little jolt to power you through the afternoon. Find espresso powder in the coffee aisle of the grocery store.
Make these ahead and enjoy all week (if they even last that long). Just remember to store in the refrigerator, or they dry out and get very crumbly.
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla almond butter (I used Justin's)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- Add oats, flax seed, and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup, and espresso in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until softened.
- Combine the almond butter mixture with the oat mixture until combined. The mixture will be thick. Shape into tablespoon-sized balls. Store in refrigerator.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @rdeliciouskitchen on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!
Pin this recipe for later!