Not one, but two layers of delicious chia pudding. Have you ever tried using pomegranate juice to thicken your chia pudding? You will now because I know you’ll want to try this Layered Chocolate Pomegranate Chia Pudding.
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by POM Wonderful and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Do you ever go through food phases? Chia pudding has been on constant repeat for me these past few weeks. I love that it’s easy to meal prep in advance for a quick (and satisfying) breakfast in the morning.
Learn how to (easily) seed a pomegranate!
Plus, chia pudding is easy to customize with various flavors. Another food phase I’ve been into is pomegranates. It definitely helps that they are in season right now, so I am grabbing one every time I am at the grocery store.
When fresh pomegranates aren’t in season, I can still get my pomegranate fix with POM Wonderful 100% Juice.
POM Wonderful 100% Juice is powered by antioxidants. The pomegranate is whole-pressed, meaning a unique blend of polyphenol antioxidants from two whole pomegranates – including its fruit, pith, and rind – is found in each 8 oz bottle.
You can usually always find a bottle of POM Wonderful 100% Juice in my refrigerator. I love adding a splash of pomegranate juice to sparkling water for a fun fizzy drink.
I had fun partnering with POM Wonderful 100% Juice and The Recipe ReDux to create a recipe using pomegranate juice. With my current chia pudding food phase, this was the first idea that popped into my head. I’ve always made chia pudding with milk or non-dairy milk as the liquid, so I wanted to see if POM Wonderful 100% Juice would yield the same kind of pudding-like consistency.
It did! I wouldn’t be posting this recipe if it didn’t 😛
- Chocolate layer:
- ¼ cups chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pomegranate layer:
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ½ cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- (Optional) toppings: mini chocolate chips. pomegranate arils
- Chocolate layer: In a small bowl, whisk together chia seeds, yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and cocoa powder. Cover and transfer to the refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pomegranate layer: In a small bowl, whisk together chia seeds, yogurt, and POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice. Cover and transfer to the refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Assembly: Remove the chia puddings from the refrigerator. In 4 separate serving cups or containers, and ½ cup chocolate pudding to each cup. Add ½ cup pomegranate pudding on top to each cup. Top with mini chocolate chips and pomegranate arils, if desired.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @rdeliciouskitchen on Instagram or send me a picture, I’d love to see!
Be sure to also check out the other pomegranate-inspired recipes from fellow dietitians and food bloggers in this Recipe ReDux link-up. It’s the first and only recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians. Enjoy!
Pin for later!