Skip takeout! It will take you less time to make this Instant Pot Sesame Chicken than it is to make a trip out for take out.
There are just some nights where takeout seems like the easier option. Sesame chicken is one of my favorites when ordering takeout but never leaves me feeling the best. What if I told you, I’ve figured out a way to enjoy this signature takeout dish faster than it will take you to hop in the car and grab from a restaurant. Would you believe me?
Scroll down to one of the easiest recipes to replicate a takeout classic.
Oh Instant Pot, you continue to amaze me. Cooking the chicken in the Instant Pot creates a crispy texture without a fryer, which how typical restaurants cook this dish.
Take it even one step further to make this dinner with ease. Utilize the steamable rice and broccoli found in the frozen aisle.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons ketchup
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss chicken to evenly and lightly coat.
- Preheat the Instant Pot and set to "saute". Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Once oil is hot, add the chicken and saute for 3-4 minutes, to brown.
- Stir in soy sauce, ketchup, and red pepper flakes, if using. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the valve. Set to manual and 3 minutes cook time.
- When done, use the quick pressure release. When most of the steam is released, remove the lid. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and honey. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and water to make a slurry.
- Set Instant Pot back to saute, stir in the slurry and continue to stir as the sauce thickens to desired consistency, about 2 minutes.
- Top with sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice and steam broccoli.
For more daily inspiration, follow RDelicious Kitchen on Instagram.
Pin for later!