Craving a crunchy snack? Try these homemade Crispy Garlic Chickpeas.
Chickpeas are always a staple in my pantry. If you’ve been reading my blog for some time now, I use chickpeas in a lot of my recipes, like my Chickpea Walnut Sandwich or my Balsamic Kale and Vegetable Saute. I’ve even put them into desserts, like my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cookie Dough Bites.
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, is a popular legume across many cuisines. These versatile legumes are also packed with high-quality plant protein, soluble and insoluble fiber, and beneficial polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Grab these for a protein-packed snack or top on a salad. I always tell clients to make these to top their salads when they are looking for a crunch factor in place of croutons.
The best part, you can customize these with any flavor you like! Craving sweet? Try roasting the chickpeas with a little cinnamon and sugar. Looking to add a little heat? Add a little chili powder to the mix.
What flavor combination would you try for crispy chickpeas first?
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Dry chickpeas thoroughly. In a bowl, toss the chickpeas with olive oil and lemon to coat. Sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Toss again.
- Transfer chickpeas in an even layer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until crispy. Let cool for at least 1 hour, which will make the chickpeas crunchier as they cool.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @rdeliciouskitchen on Instagram or send me a picture, I’d love to see!
Pin for later!