Traveling always inspires me to create my favorite travel eats at home. My recent France trip inspired me to make Crepes with a Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Filling.
If you have been following my Instagram stories, you know last week I was traveling all around France with my sisters. Travel recap post to come!
I love traveling because I always become inspired for my blog to develop new recipes. The first thing that I recreated the day after I came home was crepes! We had plenty of delicious crepes throughout our travels through France. The little crepe stands that we ordered crepes from, had their crepe making down to a science.
Don’t worry. You don’t need any fancy crepe pans and tools to create delicious crepes in your own kitchen. You’ll just need a large nonstick pan and a rubber spatula.
While it was tempting stuff my crepe with nutella that I enjoyed in France, I wanted to try something new and a little lighter. The strawberries I picked up from the farmer’s market were perfect, so they definitely had to make an appearance in these crepes.
Do you prefer sweet or savory crepes?
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup seltzer
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 6 strawberries, finely chopped
- In a blender combine white whole wheat flour, oat flour, sugar (if using), eggs, milk, and canola oil. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cover with a lid. Refrigerate overnight.
- For the filling: Combine ricotta cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and strawberry jam. Stir to combine. Fold in chopped strawberries.
- Slowly whisk in the seltzer into the batter. Coat a large nonstick pan with generously cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Ladle ⅓ cup of batter into the center of the pan. Immediately tilt and rotate pan to spread evenly over the whole pan.
- Cook until the bottom has slightly browned. Using a rubber spatula quickly flip the crepe and cook until the other side has browned. Remove from pan. Coat pan with cooking spray again and repeat with remaining batter.
- To assemble, place the crepe on a plate and spread filling over half of the crepe. Fold opposite side over the filling to create a half-moon shape, then fold again into a triangle.
- Top with additional ricotta cheese, strawberries, and lemon zest, if desired.
- See notes for storage of crepes.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @rdeliciouskitchen on Instagram or send me a picture, I’d love to see!
Pin this recipe for later!