Guacamole Shrimp Wonton Cups are a crowd pleasing appetizer to share at your next gathering. Layered with guacamole, mango salsa, and shrimp, these flavors are the perfect little bite for entertaining! It’s that time again – a Recipe ReDux theme! I love these recipe themed challenges, as it makes me think out the box to create something new (and of course delicious!). This month’s theme is “small plates for sunny days”
Small Plates For Sunny Days
Small bites are perfect for trying many different tastes. Take tapas style eating outside for al fresco dining or a simple picnic. Or maybe you’re serving small bites at a bridal or baby shower or a graduation party. Show us your healthy take on small plates and finger foods.
This theme is perfect as there are so many summer barbecues, graduation parties, bridal showers, or baby showers that roll into the summer months.
Nutrition Tip: Check out all the appetizers before you start filling your plate. Go for the ones that are most exciting for you (like these guacamole shrimp wonton cups!) instead of filling up on appetizers that you can have any day. Try to make half your plate fruits and veggies!
What’s also really cool about these monthly Recipe ReDux themes, is just scroll down and at the bottom of this post you can see what other health-minded bloggers and Recipe ReDux members made. Now you have plenty creative and healthy recipe ideas!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup mango salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a 24-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Press wonton wrappers into each of the muffin tins, to create a cup shape.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and black pepper.
- Coat a large pan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, cook, flipping once, until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes on each side. (or place on skewers and grill)
- Fill each wonton with 1 tablespoon guacamole, 1 tablespoon mango salsa, then 1 shrimp.
- Serve immediately.