When breakfast sounds and tastes like dessert, this Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl it worth waking up for.
Cookie dough for breakfast.
Yup, you heard that correctly. I love making cookie dough desserts with chickpeas. I had some leftover chickpeas in my refrigerator, but not enough to make one of my signature desserts, cookie dough bites.
I never thought I would be adding pulses to breakfast, but this fun creation adds a fun flair to breakfast, plus packs in extra fiber and protein. Remember cookie crisps? I feel like this is the adult version. Make a larger batch and enjoy these mini cookie dough bites when craving a sweet treat.
With the extra addition of these little cookie dough bites, keeping the smoothie bowl simplistic is key. Just banana, almond butter, milk, and vanilla protein powder. The protein powder creates a fluffy texture to the smoothie bowl and adds satiety to feel full throughout the morning.
- ¼ cup chickpeas, skins removed
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 small banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- For the cookie dough bites: In a small bowl, combine chickpeas, maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon almond butter. Mash to combine. Fold in mini chocolate chips. Roll into small balls. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or overnight.
- For the smoothie: In a blender, combine banana, 1 tablespoon almond butter, vanilla protein powder, and milk. Blend to combine.
- For a thinner consistency, add water. For a thicker consistency, add ice.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top with chickpea cookie dough bites.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @rdeliciouskitchen on Instagram or send me a picture, I’d love to see!
Pin this recipe for later!